Friday, February 18, 2011

Glory Holes In Tidwater Va

Provincialotta

There's nothing to do, we'd like to think we are all equal and the same opportunities, but it is not true. Today I'll tell you a little 'me, that they are more fortunate than people living in countries or even further out of luck.

I was born in a village in the province of Cuneo, a town of 600 inhabitants. 600 per head? You know what that means? That in all my elementary school there were 25 children. When I went to school in the neighboring country's largest (5000 ...), people in my class were 22 children and for me it was a bit 'shocking. Living in a small country means that in the end they can choose you friends do not. Why there are not many alternatives! I always knew that my friends was missing something, or rather I was to be different from them, but I had no choice, either they or I was alone.
grows in a place like this means that you do not have access to schools that you would like, you can not cultivate some hobbies: I'd like to do dance but the school was far away and my mother could not accompany me there.
It also means not being able to buy all the clothes you want, do some traveling, go to certain concerts. Especially

means making a huge effort to emerge from popular culture that traps you. My friends all have girlfriends / married with people of that country or one nearby, made a few trips, foreigners do not know if not for those poor who live here.
I was the first person in the country to graduate in engineering, I was the only one who went to study abroad. They are one of the few people in my country who spoke of religion and of Muslims who spoke of human rights with the Chinese. Why are more beautiful than others? No, because I've gone from there, I left my certainties and the comfort of familiar things to venture on a journey more than me. Why do I have the strength to think "and if there was just this small town in the country?"

We often speak of how provincial of low-acculturated and more closed and it is generally true, but it is never said that the provincial moving are much harder and they put much more effort.

0 comments:

Post a Comment